Friday, October 5, 2012

Breast Cancer Month


The water in the fountain at the back of the state capitol building in Harrisburg changes to pink during the month of October in honor of Breast Cancer month.  When I walked over at my morning break, the fountain was not in full spew, just running over the sides of the stages in the fountain.  I took a picture of the pink water but was hoping for more of an action shot.


I checked the state's website to see if the fountain is on a timer but couldn't find any information.  I was in luck when I returned at lunchtime to take a picture.  The water will be pink the entire month of October and I walk by it everyday on my walks at break and lunch time.  What a pretty sight!
 

OnlyDaughter got her birthday box on the big day and knew that the do rag was a do rag; however, she said it probably won't help keep her from getting helmet head.  We called her in the evening to sing to her and wish her a Happy Birthday.  She was having a good birthday.

When she was learning to drive, we purchased a 1974 semi-automatic VW beetle for her to use.  In school she was well known as the "girl in the green bug".  The bug was restored when she was in her later years of college and will go to her and her family some day.  (Hear that W, it's yours!)
She asked that I send a picture or two of the bug, named Peche, to show to a friend who is a car buff.  I sent these two pics and decided to put them on the blog too.
 

It's Friday and the weather is beautiful.  My walking buddies and I will be out tonight enjoying the beautiful day.  Temperatures are to drop dramatically over the weekend and rain is to arrive tomorrow for the day.  That means comfort food over the weekend.
We'll be out walking in the morning just bundled up more than tonight.
Hope everyone has a good day and a wonderful weekend.  Monday is a federal holiday and there is no work.  I'm looking forward to the extended weekend.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to come steal my car back for my 40th birthday...

    ReplyDelete