Sunday, July 1, 2012

July 1st

Mr P and I took the golf cart down to The Puddle Pond this morning to snap the first of the month photo. The john boat, tied to the dock,  made a trip out on the water on Thursday so Mr P could spray to kill some of the lily pads.   He wasn't going to mention it but when I got home from work he told me that he got in the boat without an oar onboard and suddenly found himself adrift on the water.  The wind eventually carried him close enough to the edge where he could grab some high grass (thank goodness he hadn't gotten to trimming the edges until yesterday) and pull himself along to the dock where he picked up an oar.  The spraying was done and the trimming done on Saturday.




The zebra grass in the picture below is at the far side of The Puddle in the shadows on the left in the photo above.  The two original grass plants became three at some point over the years and are quite impressive.  

We took a trip around The Puddle and managed to snap this picture of a dragonfily on a cat-o-nine tail along the water's edge.

It's been extremely hot and humid here for the last five days and there's more in store for this week.  We are more fortunate than some areas that experienced intense thunderstorms and damaging winds last week.  I talked to my sister-in-law, Miss V, earlier today and she told me that the area of WVA where she lives isn't expected to have power restored until Friday of this week.   No power and hotter than you know what, so not even the relief a fan might bring.

Mr P and I attended a photography class on Thursday conducted by photographer from a local newspaper.  The classes are aimed at helping folks get more comfortable with their cell phone or camera when picture taking.  The local library where Mr P and I both volunteer weekly is offerring the classes and there are two more scheduled.  We each took a different "point and shoot" camera since we use these more than our cell phones for picture taking.  I don't know about Mr P but I certainly came away with some newfound knowledge.  I don't know if the quality of the pictures in the blog will be noticeably better as we progress but I do feel better informed on some of the buttons and settings.

 Hope you have a good day wherever you are.
Thinking of you today Miss V. Glad you had a safe trip.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: