Sunday, July 29, 2012

They're here!


We left about 10AM this morning and drove about halfway to meet OnlyDaughter and Only Son-in-Law to make the transfer of Grandsons #1 and #2 to our car for the trip to our house.  The boys are here until Wednesday for a visit.
I purchased some fabric months ago with the intention of making pillow cases for the boys.  I decided to get busy and make the cases for this visit and used a tutorial I found online.  The pillow case was called the Magic Pillowcase and has a burrito style opening and french seams.  They were easy to make and were done in an evening.  I used a cowboy print mixed with a plaid in a contrasting fabric and stitched a piece of synthetic leather trim at the seam line and I made them each opposite of the other.  
They are on the pillows on the army cots covered by sleeping bags the boys will be sleeping on/in.  I told them they are welcome to take the pillow cases home with them when they head home.


After meeting halfway along the route to pick up the boys, we all had a bite of lunch and then headed back toward our home. The theater that I mentioned in an earlier post was showing Madagascar 3 as a matinee today and OnlyDaughter said the boys had not yet seen the flick and would certainly enjoy it.  We arrived home in time to take a bathroom break and hop in the car again for the ride to the theater.  The boys thought the movie was really funny and while I enjoyed it, I think I might have understood the storyline more if I had seen the first two movies. 

Once home from the movie, I started dinner preparations while Mr. P gave instruction on the use of the golf cart which up until now neither boy has ever driven by himself and Grandson #2 couldn't even reach the pedals last time they were here.  Both took turns taking the cart for a spin, up and down the driveway and down the path to the Puddle Pond and around the perimeter.  I believe they both think they are now ready for their license to drive a car based on the excursions today.  Let's just say, I think they both could easily  have a career on the Formula 1 circuit or with NASCAR.  Remember, W, slow down when you are making a turn!

We enjoyed Southwest Spagetti Bake with fresh cucumbers, tomato slices and applesauce or dinner.  There was watermelon right before showers.
I'm off work for the next two days.  Plans tomorrow are to visit the capital city of PA, Harrisburg, which is where I work.  We will visit my coworkers and take a tour of the Capitol and Strawberry Square where there is a really neat clock that the boys will get a kick out of.
Hope you have had a good weekend wherever you are.  
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: