Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Morning



The following two pictures were not taken this morning but rather a few days ago.  Can you see the two deer that are peeking at Mr P as he takes their picture?  Everyday there are several deer that bed down at the side of the house.  Unfortunately, the camera is not always in hand when they are seen and by the time the camera is retrieved, they are gone. 
You can see that this one is in action and taking off for a different part of the wood next to the house.  They are beautiful to look at and it's interesting how they stare back as they are being observed and photographed.

These will be some of the same ones that will visit the vegetable garden and the flower beds.
I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I purchased an amarylis plant after the holidays.  Watching the plant grow and the flowers begin to appear was fun.  There are two flowers open and two more to open.  It's a big tall plant (I had to use a twist tie to keep the leaves from flopping and pulling the entire plant down) and the flowers are gorgeous.

Last but not least is the first of another pair of fingerless gloves made from cotton yarn for OnlyDaughter.  OnlyDaughter gifted me with a knitting book with 7 versions of fingerless gloves and asked me to make her a few pair.  I started with the most simple style, a rib pattern with an opening left in the seam for the thumb.  This one is a moss stitch with the thumb done separately.  I started the second glove which should go quickly.  Then, a coworker showed me a book she bought on Tunisian crochet and last week we started an informal "class" at lunchtime to begin crocheting.  I'm starting with a simple pair of fingerless gloves for OnlyDaughter in black cotton and hopefully these will go quickly too.  There are lot of other ideas in the book my coworker purchased that I would like to try. 
Temperatures here are devastatingly cold!  Even so, one of my walking buddies and I went out for our walk yesterday and we have plans to go out again today. 

I need to finish lunch preparations - roast turkey breast, mashed potatoes and gravy and a steamed vegetable and get the dishes washed before heading out.  Then it's off to the grocery store for a few items including food I will need for our Super Bowl dinner next Sunday.  I fill you later on the menu and where I found some of the recipes.  It will be a simple menu this year.
Hope you are having a good weekend wherever you are and if your caught up in this cold snap here in the US, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment