Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!!!!!


Happy New Year from The Puddle Pond (and Chance).  Our wishes for a healthy, prosperous new year to all.


New Year's Eve was quiet here.  No resolutions made except to keep in touch more with family and friends.
January 1, 2014 photo of The Puddle Pond.  It was 21 degrees F when I walked down minutes ago to take these pictures.  There is ice on the pond but I can't tell how thick it is. 

For several years as my gift to my coworkers, lunch was on me in the circular dining room at The Hotel Hershey in Hershey, PA.  The atmosphere and buffet was a treat that we all looked forward to each year.  In 2013 the hotel made major renovations, one of those being and "update" to the circular dining room.  Gone was the atmosphere that we all loved and while I think the buffet was still available for lunch, I decided to do something different for Christmas for staff.
Taking an idea from an old Martha Stewart Living magazine, I made a template of a slice of bread, Mr. P cut out, sanded and oiled the bread boards for me and I included a weights and measures kitchen towel and a small loaf of Cream Cheese Nut Bread.  My coworkers loved the gifts which made me happy.
Based on my projected retirement date from my work, there will be one more Christmas (2014) to celebrate with them so I must put my thinking cap on for ideas.

Happy New Year to All!
Stay warm, be safe and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment