Sunday, March 17, 2013

Sneak preview


Grandson #2's 10th birthday is this week.  He loves soft cuddly things and a new stuffed toy is always a treat.  With some assistance from a coworker, I made him a sock monkey as part of his birthday gift from Mr P and myself.
OnlyDaugher may see these pictures before the package and his actual birthday arrives but I'm sure she will keep things under wrap until the big day.

As luck would have it, I was shopping for a birthday card for one of my brother-in-laws whose birthday is also in the month of March and stumbled upon a sock monkey card.  I couldn't resist making the purchase.  There is a gift card in the envelope with the sock monkey card that I know he will enjoy spending.  

Happy 10th Birthday Grandson #2!!!
We hope you enjoy your special day!

My regular consistent walking buddy is in another state for a week visiting and getting acquainted with her newest grandchild, a little girl.  The other walking buddy who doesn't relish the early morning hour when we normally walk or the chill of winter, pulled herself from under the covers and walked with me yesterday and today.  I had the day off work on Friday and we even got out later in the morning that day.     The weather forecast yesterday was bleak with cold temperatures and snow and sleet falling on and off.
A business expo was scheduled yesterday at the library where Mr P and myself volunteer.  Since it was too cold to get outside and make a lot of progress in the flower beds and garden, we decided to make a visit to the expo.
There were about 20 various local businesses represented.  I purchased a beautiful primrose and a packet of pansies to plant.  Mr P spun a roulette wheel that the local credit union had at its stand and won a nice shopping bag.  He filled it up with handouts, pens and before we left several boxes of Girl Scout cookies.
The highlight of the expo for the kiddies was the Easter Bunny who was available for photos.  I didn't join in for the picture but when I thanked the bunny for allowing me to take the picture, a very deep voiced bunny said "You're welcome".

It's cold outside again today but even so Mr P did manage to rake the leaves off my asparagus bed.  Now we just need some warm weather so I can be outside to start weeding.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend wherever you are.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment