Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Day 2


Sunrise on the beach!
What a beautiful sunrise on the 2nd day of vacation.
Sister, J, and I have taken a walk early each morning.  We get some exercise and hunt seashells.


The two pictures below are for OnlyDaughter who is the mom to two Cardigan corgis, Kirby and Betty.
A gentleman was walking his two Pembroke corgis (I know, OnlyDaugher, Cardigans are the cream of the crop) and he kindly allowed me to take a picture of them.
Below is the male, Willie.  OnlyDaughter, Willie reminded me a lot of Kirby and was a very nice fellow.  He loved having our attention and pats.

Mollie, the female, on the other hand kept strolling away and out of view as I was about to snap a picture.  She too was lovely, but didn't put me in mind of OnlyDaughter's, little petite, Betty.  Mollie was a lot bigger and her coloring was like Willie's.  

Sister, J, and I have seen a variety of dogs walking on the beach with their owners when we take our morning constitutionals.
 On Day 2, we went south along the beach, walking and picking up shells.  We came to an inlet where the ocean washes right up to the top of the dunes and forms a tidal pool.  The egrets sit there and do their fishing each day.

On the return trip, J, stopped to look at something hanging on the erosion fence.

It was a dead sand shark!!!  I thought it was not real and  had been placed over the fence as a joke.  Once up behind it for a closer look, the wind changed direction and it was immediately clear it was no joke.  Phewww!

All of us were around the pool (and in it) during the day and some visited the hot tub.
J and I are avid readers and have brought a nice supply of reading along.  
All four of us went out to dinner Sunday evening to Carolina Roadhouse.  Delicious food.  A most marvelous "house" salad to start with their house dressing, a honey mustard bacon dressing.  J and I had Dutch barbeque baby back ribs, B had a combination seafood platter and Mr P had a fried fish platter.
The fellows both enjoy sports, any and all, and while each bedroom has a television, the TV in the living room has been the gathering spot for the various football and baseball games that are being played and they don't argue too much.
I'll be back with pics and tales from Day 3 later today or tomorrow.
Having a delightful, relaxing time in the meanwhile and hope everyone else is too.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I see those corgis! Adorable! Just the way Willie is sitting there is a bit like Kirby. Both of mine are curled up with me on the couch, the lazy things. I bet they would have fun with Willie and Mollie.

    ReplyDelete