Wednesday, January 25, 2012

They're off!

I finished my handmade postcards for the postcard swap that Anne at "Frayed at the Edge" (blog) was hosting. I couldn't decide which card to send so the unanimous consesus from my coworkers was to send both. They're on their way to Yvonne and even though she hasn't received them yet, I don't think she is aware of my blog so won't see them ahead of time. I emailed Anne photos that she will use to showcase the efforts of all the participants. It will be fun to see all the different ideas everyone has come up with.

I love all sorts of crafts (sewing, embroidery, knitting, etc). One of the gals who volunteers with me at the local library is quite the knitter. She's a snowbird (spends a large portion of winter living in Florida) and right before she left in November of last year, she encouraged me to try my hand at knitting socks on four needles. Two needles or a circular needle and a tricky pattern give me enough of a challenge but I told her I would give it a try. Two weeks into the start of the sock on the right, just as I was at the heel and gusset, she left for Florida and I had to rely on a tutorial on YouTube. I finished one blue sock, began the brown toned sock on the left for Only Daughter and then set her second sock aside to quickly knit a complete pair of a teal tweedy colored socks for my hairdresser for Christmas.
After finishing up the second brown toned sock this week, I began the other sock in the blue pair. The brown one will be mailed later this week to Only Daughter so that she can actually wear them while the weather is cold. I love how the patterns develop as the skein is knitted.


I mentioned in my last post that I baked Mr. Puddle's favorite dessert on Sunday. He grows the neck pumpkins and I always can at least 7 pints each fall to take us through the winter. Only Daughter gets a pint or two when the canning is finished and her family enjoys it made into pumpkin bread. Mr. Puddle feels that's a waste of perfectly good pumpkin that can be made into a pie.
Our snow is melting and should be gone by the weekend. I pass a coffee shop on my way to work every morning and the message on their sign this morning read "57 Days Until Spring". Can't wait!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sue :) the postcards have arrived and I think both of them are lovely thanks. I really enjoyed taking part in the swap too. That pie looks delicious! Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete