Saturday, April 2, 2016

April










April is here!  Where did March go????

No pranks played on me on April 1st which was a lovely day.  Our March weather was milder than usual and the month was filled with this and that and was gone in a flash.

I purchased a slipcover for the living room sofa almost a year ago that was not a true fit but based on the price was a bargain.  While I was working, I thought about making the necessary adjustments to make it fit but just never took the time to do it.  While away from home during February, I made a promise to myself that once home, adjusting the slipcover would be at the top of my "to do" list.  I started tailoring on a Thursday and completely finished on Monday.  It's funny but once I got going the project was not as daunting as I anticipated.

Some other things that happened during the month of March:
  • Enjoyed watching the final episode of Downton Abbey
  • Dog sat the grand dogs while OnlyDaughter and her family traveled out of state for a wedding
  • FaceTimed with Grandson #2 to sing to him on his 13th birthday
  • Mr P made two (so far) beautiful raised beds in the garden
  • Started snap peas, red onions, lettuce mix, kholrabi and kale in those beds
  • Started seeds indoors for cherry tomatoes, eggplant, squash, cukes, watermelon and neck pumpkin
  • Mr P played golf at a nearby golf course for the first time this season
My Mom, sister K and her husband D visited on Easter Sunday and shared dinner with us.  We enjoyed a traditional ham dinner and Mom had a good time sitting at the table working on a jig saw puzzle.

We woke up to light rain this morning which was nice for the new seeds in the garden.  The sun keeps peeping in and out and the temperature is mild but that's to change later today when some cold weather arrives.  Oh well, there's some firewood on the porch for later tonight, the bird feeders are full and anything that needs done outside can be put aside for a day or so.

Hoping you had a nice Easter holiday and the weather is good wherever you are.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment