Sunday, December 1, 2013

Conspicously Absent

Where did the month of November go?  Well, I'll tell you.  On the second of November, a mishap occurred at our house which I've just begun to completely recover from.  I was unable to drive for a week and the accident meant that I had to figure out how to do things single-handledly (for real) for a while.
About a week and a half after my injury, Mr P had major surgery and is still recovering.  He is unable to drive and is limited in what he is able to do as part of his recouperation.  Fortunately, I have noticed improvement in my condition with each new day.
On Thanksgiving, my physical discomfort was all but gone giving me have much to be thankful for.  Thanksgiving dinner was spent a my sister, J's, with her family and my Mom.  It was a relaxing time with lots of tradtional, delicious food.

Here is the 1st of the month picture of The Puddle Pond taken earlier this morning.  It's cold outside (32 degrees F, 0 degrees C) and there is a layer of ice on the pond.



You can see the layer of ice more clearly in the photo below.  It won't support a person stepping onto the ice but it made me cold just looking at it.

I have wanted to share this picture of a marble spider that took up residence on the underside of the front porch roof earlier this fall.  The spider spun this cocoon and its coloration is fascinating.  Sadly, once temperatures really began to drop, the spider was gone.   Here's hoping another one comes to live at The Puddle Pond porch next year.

I'm hoping to be able get back into a more regular routine of posting now that I'm feeling more like myself.
Stay warm wherever you are and I hope you are having a good weekend.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment