Sunday, June 23, 2013

Super Moon


Last night there was an opportunity to view the Super Moon.  A bigger, brighter full moon than normal because of the proximity of the moon to earth.  We took a walk to The Puddle to take a look and while it was hazy, below are two pictures snapped around 9:30PM.  Isn't it a beauty?


There is the reflection of the Super Moon in The Puddle in this next picture.  Although hazy, it was a beautiful night.  

When my walking buddies and I met up this morning for our 6AM walk, the clouds obscured any chance of seeing it this morning.  The moon will sit be full tonight so maybe there we be a few other pictures to be had later tonight.

The butterfly bush has lots of flowers on it and the butterflies flit from flower to flower.  I love the purple color.

It's been a busy month.  Mr P and I visited OnlyDaughter and her family recently for six days.  We were entrusted with the care of Grandson's #1 and #2 and the two dogs and cat while they went to a writer's convention.  We had a grand time with the boys.  We baked hot milk sponge cake that we loaded with slightly sweetened strawberries, made Rice Krispy treats, took a walk every day and a bike ride several days too.  Grandson #2 got over his fear of not being able to balance on his two-wheel bike and was zipping around like a seasoned pro on our last day there.  The boys painted glassware for their Dad for Father's Day (and they each did one or so for their Mom too) and the glasses were baked to set the paint so the glasses can go in the dishwasher.  We played several loooonnnggg games of Monopoly too.  We had a grand time and I think they enjoyed themselves too.  OnlyDaughter and OnlySonInLaw had some flight snafus but all in all I think they too had a good time while they were away.

It's very hot and humid outside today.  I have been working outside today in my flower beds to get the weeds that exploded while we were away under control. I don't think I am 1/3 of the way through my largest bed so I know what I will be doing each evening this week.
I hope you had a good weekend wherever you are and managed to stay cool.  
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment