Sunday, September 30, 2012

Full Moon

This is the sight in the sky that greeted my walking buddy, RK, and me this morning.  It was a beautiful, clear, cool morning.  It was cool enough for a light-weight jacket to be worn the entire 4 mile walk.  Some mornings, the jacket is on when I leave the house but tied around my waist on the return trip.  The beauty and solitude of the area at 6AM is unrivaled and something I appreciate each time we head out on our walks.

Walks in the evenings are now becoming more difficult to fit in because of several things.  It's starting to get dark earlier in the evenings now that fall is around the corner and people in the area are heading home from work.  As I mentioned before, I live in a rural area and there are no sidewalks and most of our route is two lane roadway with no berm.   Since traffic can be busier in the evenings, we tend to dodge cars much more often and sometimes drivers are not happy to have to share the roadway even though we try to move to the other side of the road and/or step off into the grass/weedy edge when we can't cross quickly enough.  Yesterday morning on our walk, a young man actually steered his car in our direction as he came towards us even though we were on the opposite side of the street and then had the nerve to laugh when we  looked startled as he jerked his car back into the right lane.

I picked four figs off the fig tree this morning that were just beginning to split.  They will be savored and hopefully there will be a few more that can be harvested before it's too late this season.

I politely passed my cough and cold on to Mr P and was glad to be rid of it after a week of hacking.  Yesterday, the summer clothing was gone through and a  large percentage stored away until next year.  The cooler weather clothing is out in its place.

Lunch today was a comforting meal of roast chicken, mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas.  Brownies were baked and there is vanilla ice cream to go on top.

Hope you have a good day wherever you are and I'll be back tomorrow with the 1st of the month photo.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog - I tried to link to you without success so thanks for the e-mail! A morning walk is so much more pleasant at this time of year I find and evenings are better for snuggling indoors anyway! Your figs look delicious - as a child I didn't like figs but now I love them - odd how our tastes change isn't it? It made my mouth water to hear of your brownies with ice cream dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture of the moon!!

    ReplyDelete